Thursday, March 19, 2015

Revision of my First Draft

     After putting thought into my initial idea, I decided to change from the original plan. I changed my film idea from a genre of psychological thriller to a drama, a story based on true personal events. The story follows a young girl who previously lost her grandfather. The young girl has a hard time coping with the loss of such an important figure in her life. The opening focuses on her present struggles and sadness over something that will forever effect her life.
     My film opening will show the girl visiting the grave 5 years after the death. By visiting the cemetery, the 2 minutes will appeal to the emotions to the viewers. I feel it is essential to grow a connection between the audience and what is on screen in order to make an entertaining opening.
      By changing initial idea I feel more confident and passionate about this story and will be able to better create an emotional story by recreating personal experiences. Additionally, many people can relate to losing someone not only physically, like in my story, but emotionally losing someone in your life is something a larger target audience would enjoy. My target audience is from ages teen-adult. I have such a large target audience because I believe that the loss of a loved one is relatable across a vast age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment