Thursday, March 5, 2015

Genre

        After extensive researching on different genres, I have decided to officially start my journey of film making by choosing horror/psychological thriller as my genre. I came to the conclusion to choose this category of film because through changing movie themes over time, horror films  continuously frighten audiences time and time again. So then I posed the question of what components do I need to include in my film opening to not only engage the audience but to also make them feel all the emotions a viewer feels in more than just two minutes of a horror film? According to Filmsite.com, horror movies must build an unsettling, uncomfortable environment, which are perfectly designed to cause panic and fear to the audiences that are a movie screen away.
     With this genre as a potential contender for my film opening, the logistics behind it are essential for me to think out. The darkness, dramatic effects, and of course eerie music will all be a part of my new journey of film making.

Cite: http://www.filmsite.org/horrorfilms.html

No comments:

Post a Comment