Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Case Studies

      When I drafted my first thoughts for my film opening, and decided to take the murder suspense route my mind immediately thought of The Lovely Bones. This film was a highly popular book and movie which follows the story of the murder of a teen girl. The suburban home made feel to the movie is an aspect I would like to capture in my film. Additionally, the integration of an imaginative afterlife was an element of the film that many viewers thought interesting and I plan on including into my story.
     Additionally, the loss of a loved one is the theme of the Lovely Bones and is the main theme I plan on following. Since I have had the personal experience of going through the loss of a loved one as have many others, I feel that my opening will relate to the emotions of a wide range of people.
     I also would like to include some elements from the psychological thriller The Silence of the Lambs. The disturbing creation of a psychopath and journey into his distorted mindset, is one of the prominent themes in my narrative that I plan on producing. This film has the ability to make the audience engaged in the film by repulsing them in a disturbing way that makes them curious as to what else possibly could come about in the film.
 

Citation:
The Silence of the Lambs (1991). (n.d.). Retrieved March 18, 2015, from http://www.filmsite.org/sile.html

Critic, K. (2009, December 11). Review: 'The Lovely Bones' Retrieved March 18, 2015, from http://articles.latimes.com/2009/dec/11/entertainment/la-et-lovely-bones11-2009dec11

No comments:

Post a Comment